Decide that the toilet, poop, and pee are great, wonderful things.
- Create a “ potty dairy”.
- Buy everything you need - potty seat.
- Pick a date to start toilet training.
- Verbally explain to your child what the toilet is all about.
- Model using the toilet to your child.
- Make going to the toilet a big event in your house.
- Take the diapers off.
- Ask your child to sit on the potty . Ask in variety of different ways.
- Use your potty diary to know when to ask your child.
- Ask them when they show interest in the potty , toilet or camper potty.
- Ask them when they do a version of the potty dance.
- Ask them when you see they are already peeing or pooping.
- Weave the toilet into games you play with your child.
- Celebrate every attempt your child makes toward using the toilet.