The principle cause of torticollis is interference of blood supply to sternocleidomastoid muscle (name of neck muscle) of the fetus which leads to deformity in neck.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
- Facial assymmetry,
- scoliosis of cervical spine,
- Attitude of neck rotation on opposite side and neck tilting on same side.
- Neck muscle on the tilted side is prominent and shortened.
- Physical therapy
- Postural correction
- Parents counselling(home program)
- If surgery is carried out then post operatively physical therapy and rest same as above mentioned treatments.